This semester has been full of ups and downs. So I thought I would write a post on what's been going on in our lives as of late.
1. Dental School Applications- Maikal finished his applications about 6 weeks ago and now we're in the waiting game for knowing if we got in somewhere. It is so nerve wracking! Acceptances can take until march to find out, so we've got a long way to go. I hate not knowing what's going to happen next year. Are we going to have to stay in Lethbridge for a year and just work? Or are we going to go to Dental School to who's knows where! We would love to go to Utah simply because we have family on both sides there. We also would love California! I've always wanted to go there :) But really, we would be grateful to be accepted anywhere! Prayers please!
2. Halloween- This year we actually got to dress up and go trick or treating! Maikal wasn't able to join us for the actual house to house stuff, but we did go to the party. I've been waiting to do this costume idea since i saw it on pinterest about 1.5 years ago. Maikal and I were robbers, and Ben was a bag of money! It was so fun!
3. Budget- And this is going to sound bad, but, I've never actually had to live on a tight budget before. Not even for the first semester of college. I've honestly always been so blessed with money and jobs that it's never been an issue for us. But this semester has been a challenge. The Canadian Government is being absolutely ridiculous and refusing to send us the amount we need to live on. Last year we got a very handsome amount, but this year we got less than half of what we had. We've literally been SCRAPING by and it really concerns me if we'll even make it to April! But I know that If we keep praying and trust in God that we will make it.
4. Since I know that our time in Beautiful Hawaii is limited, I've been trying to take advantage of the beautiful beaches and the nice weather. I've been given such an amazing opportunity to live here and I just need to soak it all in before it's all gone!
5. Family- In a few weeks a whole bunch of Maikal's family is coming out to Hawaii! I love it when they come and I know we're just gunna have a blast! Our main goal over the Christmas Holiday is to finally swim with dolphins!! It's literally at the top of my list and I hope it happens :)
6. Swimmers- About a month ago I bought Ben some little swimmers and it was the best $16 I've ever spent! He can go anywhere all by himself and it's just so cute to see him so independent in the water!