Sunday, February 9, 2014
The Gender Reveal

So as you can tell by these photo's....we are having a GIRL!!!!

I've seen this kind of reveal all over pinterest and I really wanted to do this! My cousin Laura just happen to come at the perfect week when I was pregnant because I was far enough along to find out the gender. She's the one who put the balloons in the box and took these lovely photo's! All we had to do was wait for nice weather....which took 7 days.....the anticipation was killing me inside. I tried not to think about that envelope on my dresser with 'girl' or 'boy' in there. It was a lot of will power!


I was honestly SO shocked that it was a girl. I was completely surprised when I saw those pink balloons come out! I totally thought we were having another boy. There were so many emotions coming through my mind. I was excited, nervous, anxious, and worried. I have no idea how to raise a girl! I only know about boys! So this experience will really be different I think. But on a HUGE plus side, the shopping for baby girl's clothes will be SO MUCH MORE FUN! They just have a much bigger selection with more styles!

But now I can have best of both worlds! And if we feel like 2 kids is enough, then I won't feel like we missed out on raising either gender! And I know I said I wasn't going to share the name in my last post, but we've changed our minds. We are so set on this name. I am absolutely in love with this name. I love  it because I know ZERO other girls with this name, which rarely happens nowadays. And it's so unique. You may hate it, you may love it. I had to think about it for a while just because i thought it was so weird. But we've decided on the name Aurora! And I think Rory or Rora would be such a cute nickname for that :) She's going to be our own little princess!


Here are some 'extra' photo's of the reveal.


In the picture above, Maikal was deciding what look would be the most authentic looking haha.
He was pretty sure he knew the gender. When at the ultrasound, he decided to look at the screen and see if he could figure it out on his own. And he was right!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Such a cute way to announce the gender and I absolutely love the name!! I'm all for unique girls names ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve it!!! Whenever we get pregnant agin, Aurora was on our list! Crazy cuz we thought the same thing... no one has it, so adorable, unique and beautiful! I am looking forward to making headbands for this little one! She is going to be just as beautiful as her momma! So thrilled for you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the best version of this kind of gender reveal I've seen. The lighting and all of it is perfection. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design